The intermodal corridor consists of the interoceanic container transport system of goods. This system is comprised of two Deep water ports and two railway lines connecting both ports. Some of the specifications are:
- Each of San Luis and San Jorge Ports has:
- Two deep water terminals which can accommodate 6 Super Post-Panamax vessels up to 22,000 TEUs simultaneously.
- A terminal with a capacity for 2 vessels of up to 8,000 TEUs.
- A logistics park on the eastern container storage area with space for 66-40’ dry cargo containers, and 54-40’ reefer containers.
- A logistics park on North with storage space for 66-40’ dry load containers, and 54-40’ reefer containers.
- Two adjacent railways with an American width (1.435mts) and 372 Km long.
- 75-4,000 HP locomotives, and more than 850 double-height platforms for transporting containers.